Monday, May 24, 2010

C++ windows programming?

ok I am pretty good with C++ and i'v been doing it for a long time. When I try to figure out windows.h programming I get lost so quickly.


Am I not ready for it? or does everyone have this problem? If it is common how can I learn it?





Thanks,


S_R_S

C++ windows programming?
LOL...yup that was the same for me too when i started Windows programming...It's different eh?





I think the best thing you can do is to just keep on doing it! You will find your mind will get use to the logic....Not sure which parts you are having troubles with but i gather events-driven logic might be one of them.





Are you looking into MFC or going the less-hand-holding approach to straight up Win32 APIs? For me, i never really liked MFC because i felt i was being held back and so i coded directly with Win32 APIs and worked with setting up my WndProc, etc....





Try not to think of yourself as not ready...you are definitely ready....it is just a different way of thinking...like i said, it was the same for me...i was glad that i forced myself to go through the new style.





If you have questions, feel free to ask me...forgive me if i take a bit to respond (i dont tend to go to my email as often)


No comments:

Post a Comment