Monday, May 24, 2010

C++ programming Memory and Data Types?

Is it important to know about memory and Data Types in C++? I'm reading a book trying to self teach myself C++ and all of a sudden this book starts talking about memory and data types not really explaining why I need to learn why I need to learn data type unsign short, or short, just tells me that its Size is 2 bytes and the ranges, doesn't tell me why I should learn it. I guess I should also ask any if anyone knows of any good books to read about C++, this book was doing such a wonderful job of teaching me during the first chapter too.

C++ programming Memory and Data Types?
Yes Sure, knowing about Data Types and how much size does every type consumes in memory is really important to you





I will tell you why, you may not notice this now but in advanced state you may need to make an array of million or so, you may need to copy certain variables and arrays to memory to search among them faster.





Its all about optimizing the memory to the best so that you don't waste it, so you don't make a heavy program eating your ram

pink

No comments:

Post a Comment